Diversity Marketing Manager (Remote)
- American Red Cross
- Location: Washington, DC
- Category: Nonprofit-Marketing & Sales Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 03/28/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment OR have begun the vaccination process prior to their start date. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation and your request must be approved prior to hire.
This position is a WFH home position and can be located anywhere in the US to support this team.
The Diversity Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting the rapid growth of blood drives, programs and activities that will ensure the fulfillment of patient needs through marketing channels and programming. This position’s primary focus will be on diverse communities, with an emphasis on the Black community and the needs of sickle cell patients. The Diversity Marketing Manager will develop, implement and monitor segment specific marketing plans (drive placement/construct, promotions for drive acquisition and retention) as well as sales support plans to achieve the overall business objectives of the Organization. The Diversity Marketing Manager should understand the needs of and opportunities within the segment and will develop targeted offerings and campaigns based on Sponsor profiles. In addition, this person will track segment progress on a monthly basis – makes adjustments to plans as necessary. The Diversity Manager will identify or direct market research, product/service planning, and potential brand enhancement opportunities to help the Red Cross secure blood drives in targeted locations and influence donor turnout. These may include national and community organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), associations, businesses and faith-based organizations. In addition, the Diversity Marketing Manager will serve as an internal partner with other ARC business lines and teams to develop programs and strategies that expand current footprint to include increased blood collections. The position can operate remotely.
The Diversity Marketing Manager will represent the biomedical team on national taskforces, cross-functional teams and interact with management on a regular basis. Responsibilities will include identifying segment growth opportunities, programmatic development/maintenance and fulfillment, oversight of budget and providing customer service for internal and external parties related to the applicable segment.
- Designs, develops and implement marketing programs and campaigns that will incent the scheduling of drives serving diverse populations, particularly the Black community.
- Researchers identify, select the best channels to improve the effectiveness of coverage in the marketplace, and meet the unique needs of defined business segments.
- Work across geographic and divisional boundaries to identify and implement effective and productive marketing strategies. Manages the infrastructure, technical capabilities, and continuous improvement activities to achieve marketing goals.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to solve complex problems. Serves as a resource and/or lead to other staff
- Works with other members of the Recruitment Process Team to gather input about educational elements and suggestions for program and segment development.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum of seven years of related marketing experience, preferably working in biomedical services and Black communities.
- Knowledge of/experience working with the Black community is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, prioritize, articulate, and execute goal-oriented strategies in a complex and changing environment.
- Strong ability to analyze data and convert findings into productive strategies.
- Proven communicator with emphasis on writing, but to include presentation development and presentation.
- Persuasive, self-motivated, organized. Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to foster collaboration across multiple teams. Demonstrated tact and diplomacy in difficult or sensitive situations.
- Comfort working with senior leadership demonstrated the ability to influence without authority.
- Strong proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint, is required, and with Aprimo experience a plus
- Willingness to work outside standard established business hours, and occasional business travel as needed (estimated 25% travel)
For those candidates located in Colorado and Connecticut, the salary range for this position is: $85,000 - $87,000
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $87,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote